We’re less than two months away from our beloved Spring Lindy Weekend, and we’re gonna convince you to come. You’ve got 10 reasons (or more) to join us in Pamplona from April 5th to 7th:
1. The venues: Hate it when festivals have classes and parties all over the place, and you’re left wondering where to book your accommodation? That’s not gonna happen here. The Friday, Saturday, and Sunday parties and classes (except the Beginners Pass) are at the Baluarte Congress Palace, an architectural gem smack dab in the centre of Pamplona, so you won’t have to trek across town. We’ve got a whole floor of the building to ourselves, with big rooms, wooden floors, and air conditioning. Plus, there’ll be a bar service all night long, so you can drink and grab a bite to refuel.
2. Live music: If you’ve been to a party with Reverent Juke, you know what they’re capable of, and if not, this is your chance to experience three parties with the rowdiest band in Europe. You’ll also groove to live music at the Swing Vermouth with The Old School 4t, and at Sunday’s Second Line with the Iruña Jazz Brass Band. Plenty of hours of live music, just the way it should be…
3. The night parties: Pamplona is famous for its parties, and we take them very seriously here. Our Friday and Saturday parties go on until 5 in the morning – after all, this is Spain! You’ll have Reverent Juke, guest DJs, competitions, and shows. There’ll be a photo booth, bar, and market stalls… And this year, we’ll have two rooms so you can keep dancing even during the competitions if you want.
4. The artists: LaTasha, Tyedric, and A.J. from the USA; Ramona (for the first time in Spain) from Australia; Skye and Frida from London and Stockholm… This year, we’ve gone all out and splurged to bring you the lineup of our dreams. And the best news is, there are still Full Passes available for purchase!!!
5. The “Experiences,” “Themed Classes,” and Tap Track: African-American culture and folklore are incredibly rich, and at the Spring Lindy Weekend, we want to offer you the chance to explore more of its dances and artistic expressions with guided “Experiences” led by our head instructors and themed classes taught by festival friends from across Europe. There are different and always fun classes and experiences included with your Full Pass, Beginners Pass, Solo Jazz Pass, and even the Party Pass. We also have a Tap Track taught by our fantastic Kelly Isaac, which you can add to some of the passes… Don’t try to do it all—the offerings are huge, but we’re sure you won’t get bored!
6. The ultimate Party Pass in Europe (or so we’d like to think): With the Party Pass, you get access to the three big parties on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, the Saturday Swing Vermouth at noon, exclusive themed classes, the Sunday Second Line at noon, and some more surprises… all for just 95 euros. Don’t miss out!!!
7. Our Sunday Second Line: In true New Orleans style, with the Iruña Jazz Brass Band, a band seasoned in these types of performances, taking over the streets of Pamplona’s historic center. Dozens of bars with their pintxos and zuritos at your disposal! Bring your decorated umbrella and enjoy the most picturesque activity of the fest.
8. The Swing Vermouth: Another one of the most popular events of the Spring Lindy Weekend, the Swing Vermouth (or Vermut, or Vermú), which this year will take place at the Zentral venue, next to the Town Hall Square, a spectacular location of which we are very proud… And also, this year with live music, with our beloved Old School 4t, by Iñaki Rodríguez… let’s enjoy!
9. Pamplona and Navarra: If you haven’t been to Pamplona, you’re in for a treat. A beautifully preserved historic center, with its walls, parks, and monuments… but also its gastronomy, pintxos, and lively atmosphere. And what about the stunning nature and heritage you can enjoy throughout the Medieval Kingdom of Navarra: dreamy castles and landscapes ranging from the Pyrenees in Navarre to the desert of the Bardenas Reales. Enough to book the whole week and spend your Easter holiday here…
10. All the love and passion we pour into this event: from the organizers, the involved companies, the artists, the staff, the volunteers… all working together to make this festival the one we’ve always wanted to attend… and the one we want you to attend too. And remember, if you’re going through a tough financial time, you can turn to the SLW Social Fund. What matters is that we’re all in this together.
We’ll be waiting for you in Pamplona, from April 5th to 7th, 2024!!!
Registrations at: springlindyweekend.es