Every January we write a post about the Lindy Hop or Solo Jazz videos that we enjoyed last year. In this post you can watch the clips we loved the most in 2019… Enjoy!!! (By Natalya Borisenko)
1. We love this new video from one of the best dancing duets nowadays. Two Russian dancers Ksenia and Daniil made a little piece of art.
2. And quite a contrast to the previous one, but also incredible dancing by Nils and Bianca, performed at the biggest competition event ILHC. Pure energy and authentic spirit is the face of this couple.
3. Lindy hop is fun. Lindy hop is for everyone. No matter how different dancers are, together they can be fantastic, especially when two partners are incredibly talented with a great sense of humor. Nick and LaTasha at ILHC.
4. Ron Dobrovsky from Israel presented his new routine at BLHC. We love it so much for his original style and such a great performance.
5. Wanna see the real LH competition? Well here it is! The best dancers from around the world are rocking the stage like Whitey’s Lindyhopers did at the Harvest Moon Ball. The Competition is named Normalizer by honoring Norma Miller, the last original dancer from Swing Era, who passed away in 2019
6. Everyone knows the most famous solo jazz routine the Big Apple. Remy and Alice performed their couple version of it at Swim Out Costa Brava 2019. By the way, they created it in 2 hours just before going on stage!
7. As we said, this year we are honouring Norma Miller. The Global Project was created by one of the talented American dancers and close friend of Norma, Adam Borovski. He popularised Trickeration routine (which was created by Norma) by challenging dancers around the world to learn the choreo, perform it and make a video. The result was presented at ILHC 2019 and you can find the full video here:
8. You have to see this! Felix and Vincenzo at Zaraswing
9. Incredible gift for all Lindy Hoppers from Black Paper Swing, Helsinki: the most famous Lindy Hop dance scene from Helzapoppin’ (1941) is now in color!
10. Helena Kanini is a pretty new face in the Solo Jazz world. She blew up the stage with her performance at Snowball 2019, Stockholm. Her super individual and authentic style didn’t allow us to remain indifferent.
11. We love this beautiful Lindy Hop showcase from Irina Amzashvili and Anthony Chen that took place at Camp Hollywood, one of the biggest competition events.